NOTE: This recipe contains an affiliate link
I was asked by my friends at Tommee Tippee to create a series of recipes for their Tommee Tippee Quick Cook Baby Food Maker.
Chickpeas are a sustainable plant-based protein. They contain slow-release carbohydrates which helps keep your baby’s blood sugar levels steady. They are also a good meat-free source of iron and calcium and the vegetables in this dish provide vitamin C to help iron absorption.
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Puree
- 50 g tinned chickpeas
- 50 g sweet potato diced
- 25 g carrots diced
- 25 g cauliflower cut into tiny florets
- 25 g spring onion finely sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and add to the Steamer Blender.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Drain off any excess water .
- Blend for 2 minutes for a smooth puree or 5-10 seconds for a chunkier texture.