I love making these with my children in the run-up to Christmas. They are so easy that even toddlers can get stuck in. We serve them as part of our Christmas Party food and our Elf on the Shelf sometimes makes them for us when she does our North Pole Breakfast!
Strawberry Santa Hats
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 packet of white chocolate buttons
- mini marshmallows
- cocktail sticks
- edible glitter – optional
- Slice the green tops off each strawberry so that you have a nice flat surface
- Melt the white chocolate buttons in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring in between each burst – be careful not to overheat as the chocolate will split.
- Dip each strawberry’s flat top into the white chocolate to make the ‘fur trim’ of Santa’s hat.
- If you are using edible glitter for that extra Christmas sparkle, nows the time to sprinkle some on!
- Place (with chocolate on the bottom) on baking paper to dry. Pop in the fridge if you are short on time.
- When the chocolate is set, poke a cocktail stick in the pointed end of each strawberry and top with a mini marshmallow for the bobble on Santa’s hat.
- Serve and enjoy with your children – don’t forget to tell them about the cocktail sticks!