This granola contains no refined sugar and is a simple all-in-one bake.
Nutritionally the oats, fruits and seeds provide slow-release energy and fibre which helps with digestion. Oats are also a source of iron, one of the critical nutrients in the younger years.
The sunflower seeds provide Vitamin E, healthy fats and a whole host of micronutrients that are just awesome for little (and big) people.
The best parts about this recipe? It’s nut-free and has no added sugar, as all the sweetness naturally comes from the apple and cinnamon. This recipe is perfectly served with whole Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit like raspberries and blueberries. Yum!
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months, perfect for batch cooking and saves you loads of time when preparing breakfasts or snacks!
Yummy nut-free granola
- 160 g plain porridge oats
- 2 apples peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 60 g raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 70 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Spread the granola mix evenly on the baking tray
- Bake for 40 mins until golden and the oats crispy to touch. Tip: stir the mix at regular intervals to ensure an even bake
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before serving