This recipe is suitable at the start of weaning, after first tastes are accepted.
Dark poultry meat is a good source of iron, one of the most critical nutrients that babies need after 6 months. Iron is needed for red blood cells to carry oxygen to your baby’s brain.
Christmas Dinner for Baby
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 small onion
- 75 ml olive oil
- 300 g of leftover veggies
- 300 g leftover turkey
- 5 eggs
- 5 sage leaves finely chopped
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a 12 hole deep muffin tin
- Grate the slices of bread using a cheese grater to resemble breadcrumbs and add to a large mixing bowl
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl
- Chop the veggies into small pea-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Chop the turkey and add to the bowl
- Finely chop the sage leaves and add to the bowl.
- Stir well to combine everything.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and olive oil then add to the breadcrumb mixture and combine.
- Pour into the oiled muffin tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Turn out onto a cooling wire and allow to cool before serving to your little one, they do retain the heat so allow time for this.