Baby muffins are an ideal on-the-go food for Baby Lead Weaning. You can pack all sorts of delicious veggies in them and you know they are going to be nutritious because they are bound with egg. My recipe for these simple muffins have all the tastes and flavours of Christmas and can be made with Christmas dinner leftovers and popped in the freezer for a taste of the festive season for weeks to come.
Christmas Dinner Baby Muffins
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 small onion
- 75 ml olive oil
- 300 g of leftover veggies
- 300 g leftover turkey
- 5 eggs
- 5 sage leaves finely chopped
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a 12 hole deep muffin tin
- Grate the slices of bread using a cheese grater to resemble breadcrumbs and add to a large mixing bowl
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl
- Chop the veggies into small pea-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Chop the turkey and add to the bowl
- Finely chop the sage leaves and add to the bowl.
- Stir well to combine everything.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and olive oil then add to the breadcrumb mixture and combine.
- Pour into the oiled muffin tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Turn out onto a cooling wire and allow to cool before serving to your little one, they do retain the heat so allow time for this.