A recipe from my colleague Annabel Karmel. Little ones will love to help get this super simple dish ready for guests arriving. Plus, the more bright, colourful and interesting the dish, the more your toddler will be drawn to it. So, pop on some Christmas tunes and task them with assembling the tastiest of all trees!
Annabel Karmel’s Cheese & Cherry Tomato Christmas Tree
- 2 boxes of cherry tomatoes
- Cheddar cheese cut into 3 cm squares
- Cheddar cheese cut into a star
- Twiglets to make the base of the tree
- A bunch of small basil leaves to decorate the tree
- Start with the base of the tree assembling a row of 3cm square shaped pieces of cheddar.
- Create the second layer of the tree with cherry tomatoes.
- Alternate each layer with cherry tomatoes and cheese until you create a Christmas tree shape.
- Add some twiglets at the bottom of the tree to create the base. Place the star shaped piece of Cheddar at the top of the tree.
- Decorate the tree with small bunches of basil leaves.
For lots more inspiration from Annabel, read her guest blog all about fun foods for Christmas.