Let your baby explore different textures with this black bean spaghetti, a great dish for baby led weaning! This recipe has ingredients and flavours inspired by Mexican cooking which can be easily rustled up in no time!
Storage: Separate into smaller portions and allow to cool over 1-2 hours on the worktop before placing into the fridge. Throw away if left for over 2 hours, or if the leftovers have had baby’s hands or spoon in. Keep the food in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Black Bean Spaghetti
- 320 g of canned black beans drained
- 20 g of onion diced
- 20 g of red pepper diced
- 20 g of celery diced (half a celery stick)
- ¼ clove of garlic grated/crushed
- A pinch of herbs
- 5 g of unsalted butter
- 160 g cooked spaghetti
- Cook your spaghetti in boiling water according to packet instructions, and set aside.
- Meanwhile add the butter, onion, garlic, red pepper and celery to a pan and stir fry for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft. Add a pinch of herbs to the vegetables.
- Then add the black beans and 100ml of water and cook for 7 minutes until the beans are soft.
- Crush the beans if you wish then take off the heat.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti and mix through.
With thanks to Bijal Tankodra for her help in designing this recipe.