Autumn flavours are so rich and exciting!
This recipe for Baked Cinnamon Apples makes the most of what the change in season has to offer!
For children and grown-ups, serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe can easily be adapted for weaning babies. Simply blend with a hand blender and use a small amount of whole milk to get to the right consistency. Ideal for the whole family!
Baked Cinnamon Apples
- 6 sweet eating apples – I like Pink Ladies
- 100 g dried fruit such as sultanas and cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 20 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Core each of the 6 apples and place in a baking dish.
- Melt the butter – I do 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the dried fruit and cinnamon to the melted butter.
- Stuff the dried fruit mix into the core of each apple and press down with a teaspoon.
- Add 2cm of boiling water to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Oven bake for 40 mins.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
- If you are giving this to your baby, I recommend pureeing it first with a stick blender so that the apple skin disintergrates.