Blackberries are a good source of fibre and vitamins C and E which protect your baby from bugs by boosting their immune system. Banana is a great energy provider too. A great recipe for the start of weaning or try stirring into natural Greek yoghurt as a dessert for older babies.
Baby Smoothie with Banana and Blackberry
- 50 g blackberries
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 large banana chopped into small chunks
- Start by opening the vanilla pod by scoring down it’s length and scrape out the seeds.
- Add the seeds and pod to a saucepan along with the blackberries and a tablespoon of water and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes or until the blackberries are soft.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- When completely cool remove the vanilla pod.
- Add the banana and blend together with the blackberries to make a smoothie.