Oily fish provides Omega 3, an essential fatty acid which is another of your baby’s critical nutrients. Omega 3 is needed for vision but also the development of your baby’s brain and is even linked to future intellect!
This dish can be given to babies as young as 6 months after their first tastes of bitter veggies have been accepted. If you are not sure how to start weaning, read my weaning plan here.
Baby Salmon Chowder
- 50 g salmon fillet chopped into small chunks
- 30 g sweetcorn
- 100 g potato diced
- 10 g butter
- 25 ml milk
- Few sprigs of fresh parsley or dill
- Boil the cubes of potato in a saucepan till tender, drain and set aside.
- Place the salmon, milk, parsley or dill, sweetcorn and butter into a second saucepan, cook and cover for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked potato to the salmon and stir through.
- Flake the fish and mash the potato with a fork or puree with a hand blender for a smoother texture. Note sweetcorn has a harder outer husk and so requires a little more blending than other vegetables.
- Loosen with whole milk or single cream if it is too thick.