I use chicken thigh in this recipe as it contains more iron than chicken breast and iron is one of the critical nutrients required during weaning. It also has a lot of flavour and is wonderful in this mild curry.
Introducing spices such as these can help your baby develop an adventurous palette for flavour. Don’t be afraid to offer strong flavours, you’d be surprised by what they enjoy!
- 100 g chicken thigh diced
- 25 g red pepper
- 25 g onion
- ¼ clove of garlic crushed
- ¼ inch fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- Add the chicken, vegetables and spices to the steamer blender and steam for 10 minutes.
- Stir and steam again for a further 15 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk and blend for 2 minutes for a smooth puree or 10 seconds for a chunkier texture.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice.