Apricots are a really good source of fibre, which can be super helpful if your little one is prone to constipation.
They also contain vitamin C and iron, two nutrients that are really important from 6 months of age and perfectly paired together as vitamin C helps the iron go where it’s needed in the body.
- 100 g dried apricots
- 150 ml water
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch cinnamon
- breastmilk formula, milk or water as needed
- Chop the apricots in small pieces.
- Place the apricots and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil
- reduce heat and simmer until tender – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a food blender or food processor, until smooth.
- If you are concerned that the purée is too thick, you can add breastmilk, formula milk or whole milk (note this is an allergen) to get the right consistency.
- Add a little cinnamon and ginger to enhance the flavour.
With thanks to Maria Pavlidou for her help in designing this recipe.